Sunday, April 20, 2008

Well, after a week of thinking, I finally made a decision to take the new position that was offered to me.....and I start it in 2 weeks!!! LOL, I didn't think it would be happening that soon. But I am happy with my decision...and will be glad to not have the pressure of things that go with being receptionist for 5 busy doctors!

Now for some scrapbooking....


This is my entry for the April challenge at Scrapbook n Bits, which was set by Jane Butler this month - I haven't been able to upload it to the site because of the problems that poor Karen has been having :(

The challenge required 1.some kind of decorative edging on your papers - which I've done a wavy pattern on 2 PP's at the base of the tall brown flowers. 2.Use of some ribbon - threaded through the brown chipboard border edge. & 3.some journaling - I wasn't sure whether journaling strips would be OK and I couldnt check the forum to make sure, so I emailed Karen and she didn't think it would be a problem....hope that it is OK Jane!
I've used Kaiser Heritage papers that have been sitting in my stash for goodness knows how long! I hand cut the brown flowers from felt and used cardstock & buttons for the centres, Kaiser rub-ons & cardstock for the journaling strips which list all the things that I am.



This is my take on the April BOM challenge run by Jane at Scrapbook n Bits. I have listed all the things/occupations I could do on any particular day....and going by the list, I am very busy & should be extremely well paid...NOT!!! LOL


I've used the Dream Street Arte Nouveau range of papers - which I just love! Some SnB flowers, mixed alphas & some buttons.



I love how this LO turned out :) Thanks for the great inspiration Jane!

Till next time.....toodlepip! & I hope everyone is enjoying the school holidays :)

2 comments:

Jane said...

love your entry for the challenge Linda - those felt flowers you made look just fabo. And yep, I'm happy with the journalling strips :)

your other LO with the Dream Street papers is just gorgeous too - those buttons are a perfect match!!!

sounds like you've been busy at home with one thing or another - and congrats on the "new" job - hope it's less stressful for you.

I can't wait now till Karen's site is back up and running - I've been missing the chat!!!

Take care.

Kylie Bowers said...

Wow Linda, your LO's are so beautiful, you are so talented.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails