Sunday, April 26, 2009

BRRRR, Winter is on it's way....

It's cold, wet & miserable looking outside today - & with the house to myself, I plan to SCRAP (with a little housework thrown in there). Dave & Joel have gone to Forbes for a day of Motocross - Joel has never ridden at the Forbes track, so I hope everything goes OK & he keeps safe!
I am currently doing an online photography course with Sheye Rosemeyer . Our first weekly task was to get out in the garden, late in the afternoon & have a play around with our aperture settings....starting with a bigger apeture (small f.stop number) & then reducing it down by increasing the f. stop number, over a couple of shots....notice the effect of the background becoming more in focus as the aperture setting gets smaller.
I struggled to find something nice & pretty in my very drought stricken garden, so this is what I came up with....



I forget what this little bulb is called....I'll have to check with my green fingers Mum....lol

Now for a few layouts to share.....

You're such a Hoot - April challenge at SnB....Using the word HOOT in your title, and at least 2 birds/owls.

The 3 Amigos - Monthly sketch challenge at Anna's Craft Cupboard

Turkish Delight....a free class at SnB by the lovely Jolene Pienaar

You 2 are so much alike....Monthly challenge at Scrap the Boys


Simple Pleasures are Priceless Treasures ..... one of the cyber crop challenges at SnB - using at least 15 flowers & journaling about mothers day. I used Cherry Arte - His & Hers Basics PP's that have been in my stash since I bought them when they were first released....which is so long ago that I don't remember when. lol

Okie Dokie, that's it for now....thanks for dropping by & I hope everyone is having a fab weekend! Till next time....Toodlepip!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Love the LO's Linda. Don't yu just love a day at home by yourself!

Her Essential Hand said...

that is a very interesting bulb! Love how each photo changed with the settings! :)
Totally love that Snb CC LO. I had those papers and it just didnt do anything for me, you have rocked the papers!!!
Take care
xx

Ceci said...

I like your photos Linda..so delicate. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails