Sunday, January 9, 2011

January White with 1.....

This months White with 1 challenge is to use White (of course), navy or royal blue.....with banners!

I haven't really cottoned on to the banner thing that's been the craze of late....so I guess this one was a bit more challenging for me....and I'm really not so sure that the banners suit what the LO is about?????  LOL

To be honest....I was orginally going to do another motocross LO, which the banners would have been more suited to....but somehow I've ended up in a totally different direction & was happily scrapping away, in my own little world....had almost finished my LO when I remembered that I needed to use a banner!!  LOL
So, I've added the banner in there....and as I said, I'm just not sure that it suits the style of the LO...and what the LO is about.

But anyways....here is my take on this months challenge.....


"The calm AFTER the storm"
There is hidden journaling in under the photo that pulls out with the piece of ribbon on the right hand side.....journalling is about how for the first 3 days of our cruise we had REALLY rough seas.....6 - 8 metre swells....and sometimes 10m swells :-0 ....it was so rough that even alot of the crew were sick!
But then....the water was as still as!  As you can see in the pic.....it was so still & calm that the water looked like glass.....just unbelievable!

Oh, and I have another TOOT!!!  yayy
I just read on the White with 1 blog that I have won a prize over there for last months challenge ...woohoooo!!!
And to think that not so long ago, I felt like I probably would never scrap again....so to win 3 prizes for my work last month is just a really HUGE boost to my confidence :)))

Thanks for dropping by & thanks to everyone for your wonderful comments....they really do mean alot & also help with the confidence....to know that there are people out there that enjoy looking at my work, and in some cases...are even inspired - can't get much better than that!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!


11 comments:

Lauren said...

I think your banner looks great Linda! Congrats on the WW1 win too - you are on fire at the moment! :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous, even the photo you used is beautiful!

Paula said...

Congrats on your win @ WW1! Odd to hear you lack in confidence, guess we all do at times...I think your work is absolutely fab!!! :)
I'm with you on the banner thing, never used one myself. I think yours looks great...it works for me, I associate water, boats & flags together ;) Sounds like a trip to remember & as an ex sailor...I can relate.

lexie said...

It looks great Linda. I totally love your work. Love your Stuck! LO too!

Maria said...

Lovely layout. Congrats on winning that prize.

jacque4u2c said...

Just beautiful!!!!

Cathy said...

Congrats on your WW1 win Linda!! Another fantastic LO... love the misting and your banner looks fab!! Thanks so much for joining in at WW1 :)

Unknown said...

STUNNING Linda!! Love this so much and I think you did a fab job with the banners! Your work is always inspiring, never doubt yourself...CONGRATS on all your recent wins!! Totally deserved! Enjoy! xo

Jane said...

Congrats on the recent wins Linda, and I'm surprised to hear that you nearly gave scrapping up!!!!! :(. You're always super inspiring and I love popping in here to see what you've been creating :)

Dale Tiernan said...

Hi Linda,
I think your lo is very appealing. Why in heaven's name would you stop scrapping? Say no and get on with it. Congrats on the wins. There's your affirmation right there. :-)

Jasmine S said...

Yay, congrats on the win. Happy spending. Love this page. What a gorgeous photo and your use of blue looks gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails