Monday, January 23, 2012

Get Picky & Basic Grey

I love this months sketch over at Get Picky  and have ended up combining it with a challenge over on the Basic Grey blog, with is a double up challenge....to use paper/embellishments from at least 2 Basic Grey ranges, with 2 photos & a 2 word title.

I recently re-discovered/found a heap of my old BG collections in the back of the cupboard.....and I mean OLD.  I still have a heap of papers from Vagabond, Skate Shoppe, Lily Kate, Blitzen, Sub Lime, Oh Baby, Black Tie......so these are now in with the rest of my stash where I plan to start using them (because BG never goes out of date!).... rather than hidden in the back of the cupboard!


So, here is the sketch....




And here is my take on it......using up some of those BG collections :)




I've used papers from Sublime, Skate Shoppe, Blitzen & Out of print....Alpha stickers from the Vagabond collection, Office tab from Curio, Brad from Oxford...and another Brad, I think from the Marrakech collection.....plus a few Prima, Kaisercraft & Manor House flowers, and a really old Fancy Pants chipboard flourish.....and A Lil Somethin butterfly & ticket.

And a few close ups...




Loved using up some of that old stash!

Thanks for dropping by...and I hope everyone has a great week :).  xx

12 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

FANTASTIC Linda!!
I think you have TOTALLY rock this Sketch.....
& Well using some of your older BG - Stash! JUST Brillant!!!!
LOVin the added bit of Hessian up in the corner too... Have a FAB week ♥

Lizzy Hill said...

Absolutely stunning as always - love that beige-ish ribbon flower, really yummy:):)

Sarah Lou said...

pretty sure i have some of that as well. stunning work. LOVE the beige flower!!

amanda73 said...

fabulous, love it all linda..... ive been using up old stash too, and youre right, basic grey doesnt date

Jasmine S said...

Oh wow Linda. That is just sensational. The photos are truly amazing. I think you have seen more of Victoria than I have....lol. And that background paper, I would never have thought to use it for a scenery shot but it is just perfect.

Marelize said...

Wow! Those photos are stunning Linda! Yay for using up some old stash and creating such an awesome layout! Have a great week. xx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow!!! This is seriously amazing!!! I'm stunned!!! Awesome layout, Linda!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Get Picky!

Nikki xx said...

Gorgeous page Linda!!! Love how you've used up old papers ( I think I may have some of the same in my cupboard too ) thanks so much for sharing it with us at Get Picky :)

Tanyah Payne said...

WOW this is striking! absolutely adore your layouts! your amazing! :)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

wow your page is soo beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at Get Picky :)

Leanne said...

stunning photos!! And a beautiful LO!!! Thanks for playing along with us..x

Keri said...

Lovely layout and I ADORE how you've mixed such a great bunch of old&new from Basic Grey!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails