Sunday, September 15, 2013

Scrap Africa - Guest Designer - Challenge # 21

Hello there scrappers, a big welcome to my blog today.
 
Challenge # is now live over on the Scrap Africa blog......and the challenge is to use Washi tape & twine....easy peasy, eh....and fun!!
 
So here is my take on the challenge...
 

Using some more of those fairly old Echo Park papers - Victoria Gardens.
And the pic is of a lone single sunflower that suddenly just popped up in my garden!!
I'm not sure how I never noticed it until it was this tall, its all a bit bizzarre, almost as if it just madly grew overnight!!
 
 
 

Here you can see where I've used some twine - wrapped around one of the photos, and as a small clump at the bottom of my cluster
 
 
 

My Washi tape is the blue checked pieces that are in a few different spots over the layout.  I first stuck the washi to some scrap cardstock so that it was more visual & didn't blend into the patterned papers that are below it.  There's also a 2nd washi tape at the bottom area of layered PP's.
 
 
 

 Here is my small cluster of flowers, button, small crochet doilie, Prima ticket & a 2Crafty square flourish.
 
 

More blue washi tape at the top of the page, with another strip of grey striped washi in under the patterned triangles.
 
 
 

My title...and standing tall, it sure did!
 
 
 

And here is a close up overall view of the main areas of the layout.
 
I have a small amount of strip journaling on the front of the layout, but the main journaling about this lone tall sunflower is on the back .
 
Thanks so much for visiting today....if you'd like to check out the awesome inspiration from the Scrap Africa DT, or would like to enter this fabo challenge, then pop on over to their blog HERE
 
Until next time.....take care & happy scrapping! xx
 
 
 

9 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Thank you for being such a wonderful guest designer. Your layout is so very beautiful. Love the stencilling on your background and the gorgeous colour combo.

Lizzy Hill said...

GOrgeous! Fancy not seeing it til it was grown...I ADORE Sunflowers, they're such happy chappies.....those little triangles really caught my eye...they look great & I love the 'lines' of this page....nice challenge, too, actually:):):)

Lizzyc said...

This looks lovely! Perhaps a bird dropped a seed and it was growing there blending in until it grew its flower head!! Your colors are perfect for your photo and gorgeous design and layers!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Love it and what a wonderful surprise to have in your garden! Gorgeous pictures too!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Fabulous layout Linda! Love the photo and fancy not seeing this sunflower until it was fully grown. Must have been hiding from you .. hehe!! The background is beautifully done and I love the layering and that gorgeous cluster!! Just stunning!!! ox

Denise van Deventer said...

This is a gorgeous page Linda...just love the colouring and the beautiful photo! I loooooove sunflowers, they are my favourite flower...so just love everything about this page! Thanks so much for GD'ing for us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

Marelize said...

Woohoo! That certainly is a tall sunflower Linda! I love your page. So fresh and pretty. Congrats on your GDT position at Scrap Africa. xx

Bente Fagerberg said...

Great page! Love the misting and masking. Those colours are lovely together!

Eila Sandberg said...

Huh? how could you not have seen that gargantuan sun flower before, it must have sprouted over night! :)
Really really love what you have created here, the colours and your wonderful Linda layers. I SO admire your style darling! xoxox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails