Friday, August 1, 2014

Creative Team article on Border Punch techniques for Scrapbooking Memories Vol. 16 No. 11

Hi everyone....just popping in to share my layouts & a few details on my 5th article for Scrapbooking Memories as Creative Team Member :)
 
The theme for this issue was Techniques, so I decided to do my my
article on punched border techniques......
 
 

 
 
 
 
My first layout is this one....
 
"Pennsylvania Log Cabin"

It showcases a few different techniques - partially punching around the outer edges of the page & also using strips of punched borders at different angles (in this case, in the form of an off centred cross).



I've used a few different border punches & have layered them together in under
my photo & paper layers.
 
 

 
 

 I always try to include some chipboard on my layouts, and for me it's none other than 2Crafty - layered in amongst my cluster

 

This was a little cottage called the "Pennsylvania Cottage" in the Ulster & American Folk Park in Omagh Co. Tyrone - a very fascinating & informative tourist park.
 
 
 
Next up....
 
"Glendalough"
 
For this page I've featured a whole LOT of punched border strips for my background.
 
 
 
I used a variety of border punches as well as a variety of papers from the same collection and have simply layered them across the page, with a few layers of lace in the mix, just to break it all up a bit :)
 
 
 
 
 

I also inked & lightly distressed the edges to help lift the layers up off the page so that they didn't look too flat.
 
 

I also created a punched border rosette that was featured as a step x step, including hand shots....and lookie there, another piece of 2Crafty chipboard :)
 
Glendalough is an amazing 6th centure Monastic site in Co. Wicklow, not far out of Dublin.
How all these amazing stone structures are still standing today is amazing & a credit to the engineering & building techniques of the time, as well as the Irish Heritage authorities for keeping these sites in such fantastic condition.
 
 
 
And that is all from me this time, I hope you have enjoyed reading about my article :)
Until next time....Keep calm & scrap on! lol  xx

5 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Linda...these are both stunning. I love the layering and the heat embossing on the first and those rows of punched borders on the second is a delight.

Lizzyc said...

Really lovely layouts.. you have your punches a good workout!

Lizzy Hill said...

Gorgeous pages.....Ireland really has some incredible sites! And the patience you have to do those layered punched edges.....far more than me!!! They both look brill:):)

Val-Belle said...

WOW! Linda... both layouts are gorgeous and I love how you showcase all the beautiful sites in Ireland. I agree with you on the rain thing too and as it rains A LOT in Ireland you just have to make a plan. Love these layouts.

Bente Fagerberg said...

Therse are gorgeous!! Love your 'Irish pictures' :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails