Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Kaisercraft DT - Sandy Toes

Hello everyone...wow, so here we are in December!  eeeeek....where has the year gone?!
Oh that's right....time flies when you're having fun, as the saying goes :) 
And it sure has been a super busy year...somehow even more busier than the previous year!
 
December means 3 new paper collections for Kaisercraft....and all 3 are absolute crackers!!!
 
The first up today is....."Sandy Toes", perfect for all those beach/water themed layouts!
 
My first project using Sandy Toes is this one....
 
"A day on the harbour"

Oh how I love that chevron paper for the background!  it is the reverse side of the Beach Bum paper, and I love how it has that ..... effect.  I have also used some more of the fabo corrugated cardboard sheets to layer up behind my photos, as well as some papers from the paper pad and some punchinella that the beautiful Catie Kennedy sent to me quite some time ago (sorry that it's taken me so long to actually use it Catie!)
 
 

Of course, what is a layout from me without a cluster?!?!? LOL
Some gorgeous KC blooms, Collectables pieces & diecut leaves.
 
 

Stickers & Collectables pieces layered around the page...love them!
 
 

 
This gorgeous lamp post is one of the newly released Kaisercraft dies!
I think it goes perfect with this layout.  I covered some KC chipboard with paper from the paper pad & then used my Cuttlebug to cut it out.  Backing it with chipboard just gives it that bit more stability & definition on the page :)
 
 

I've randomly & roughly punched the edges of some of my layered papers....I didn't want them to be perfectly punched, I wanted them to be rough & uneven....just to give a bit of a rustic feel to the page.
 
 
Kaisercraft Products: Sandy Toes – Beach Bum paper P1709, Sea Shells paper P1704,
Surf paper P1703, Flip Flops paper P1706, Waves paper P1710, Paper Pad PP222,
Collectables CT804, Sticker Sheet SS267, Corrugated Cardboard CB153,
White alpha stickers AS252, Iceberg paper blooms F630, Coconut paper blooms F627,
Sage mini paper blooms F649, Coconut mini paper blooms F644,
Street Light Decorative Die DD513, Chipboard Sheets CB154, Foam Tape T303,
Island ink pad IP726
 
Other – Flower, Punchinella, Leaf Die, Cardstock, Gesso, Border punch, Twine
 
 
 
Next up is a beyond the page project.....
 
"Magnetic Wall Planner"
 
I decided to make the wall planner as a magnetic board, rather than a chalk board or cork board….even though I have used a sheet of KC cork, I don’t think this would hold up to having pins pushed in it as a cork board, so I opted to add a magnetic sheet in behind the cork,
so that even flair buttons can be used to hold little notes etc to the board.
 I love the look of this with the cork background though :)
 
 

I just LOVE the woodgrain paper that I've used to cover the planner, which is the reverse side of the Surf paper.  I then just used strips from the Waves paper, the sticker sheet & also some of the cut off strips from the bottom of the papers to create a bit more interest to the planner. 
 
I adhered all of the papers to the planner using Bostik BluStick....and I found this to be so so easy.  I have used craft glue in the past, but find that you have to get just the right amount of glue onto the project for things to turn out well.  If there's too much glue, the paper starts to buckle and warp....which is not good!  So my suggestion for adhering the papers to these types of BTP items, is to use a really good glue stick!
 
Then once the paper & glue is dry, trim off any excess paper with your craft knife :)
 
 

A cute little cluster of blooms & Collectables pieces <3
 
 

I also added a few metal clips that can also serve as clips up on the magnetic board.
 
 

I just had to create a little banner with these fabo Collectables pieces....all joined with a simple piece of twine.
 
 

The magnetic sheet I used is A4 sized that I trimmed down and adhered to the backing board in behind the cork sheet....then finished it off by adhering the cork sheet over the top.
 
 

The planner itself, which is Kaisercraft, of course.....was really really easy peasy to put together!
Much simpler than I thought it was going to be, and is all held together
with a small amount of craft glue
 
I can't wait to get this piece hung up in my scrap room & to start using it :)))
 
 
Kaisercraft Products: Sandy Toes – Surf paper P1703, Flip Flops paper P1706,
Waves paper P1710, Paper Pad PP222, Collectables CT814, Sticker Sheet SS267,
Sage Paper Blooms F632, Honey Paper Blooms F628, Coconut Mini Paper Blooms F644,
Sea Breeze Mini Paper Blooms F648, Cork Sheet CB152, Bark Ink Pad IP724,
Kaisercolour Antique White KC002, Wall Planner SB2324
 
Other – Twine, Button, Metal Clips, Flair Buttons, Magnetic Sheet
 
 
The Sandy Toes collection is available in the All About Scrapbooks online store HERE
Vanessa gives fantastic quick service, so your Sandy Toes goodies
would be on their way to you in no time :)
 
Ok that is all from me for now, but I will be back soon to share the next December release,
Cherry Blossom! Which is utterly divine <3
 
Until then....Happy Scrapping & enjoy the rest of your week :) xx
 

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh what I have seen of the 3 releases they are all really wonderful.. love how you have used the sandy toes range.. love the die too.. and love your OTP. that wood grain paper is fabulous.. looks so real.. thanks for the inspiration!Happy December!

Lizzy Hill said...

Beautiful....LOOOVE your little holder....the LO is gorgeous too! Nice colours in this range:)

Val-Belle said...

I love that layout. THe papers really are fab... the wall hanger is such a good idea for all the bits and pieces that find their way all over the place. So glad you are having so much fun with them.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning...love this new line...I don't know how you get your flowers to always match so perfectly.

Margaret Mifsud said...

The layout is stunning Linda!! Love the papers and all the many layers!! That KC lantern die is fabulous so well suited to the page!! Simply adore the wall planner too ... a beautiful decor piece and so practical too!! ox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails