Sunday, March 1, 2015

Kraft + "All that Glitters" - March challenge.....

Hi everyone....well after last months AMAZING response to the 1st ever Kraft + challenge, I reckon you all must be ready & waiting for the next challenge, and let me tell you, you will not be disappointed.... this months challenge is a beauty!!! 

Please remember though, that there are some rules!!!


Your work MUST be on a KRAFT BACKGROUND (not merely mounted on Kraft) to be eligible. 

**Please take the time to read the RULES before submitting your entry** 
and upload your entry via the inlinkz section in our side bar.


And here is our Challenge for March!
All that Glitters. 

We ask that you draw inspiration from the sketch  and add something that SHINES on your creation.
It could be bling. It could be sequins. It could be gold.
etc etc. 

It doesn't have to be everything listed but at least have something that GLITTERS or SHINES 

(Due date: Midnight March 31st )
Have fun with the sketch
and let's celebrate All that Glitters!




And here is my take on this fabulous challenge.....

"Glendalough"


I loved working with this sketch and digging around in my stash to find a heap of "all that glitters"!

I've added some gold embossed stencil work on the background...I've added some Punchinella that has gold flecks through it (huge thanks to Catie Kennedy for RAKíng me this).
I've got some gold & bronze coloured sequins...some pearls, some gold leaves & some gold & copper corrugated cardboard that is super duper shiney!! - what a find that was :)))  
Ohhh and some gold flowers, & goldy coloured fabric coloured button.  Hmmmm, I think that is all.

so as you can see....lots that glitters :)

Here's a few close ups....

See the gold corrugated cardboard?  It is wayyy cool & came in a pack with a heap more, 
from the $2 shop - bargain!


The gold heat embossed background with some scattered gold & copper sequins,
& I also heat embossed the 2Crafty chipboard butterfly in gold.



More of the background + sequins.... & a piece of the copper coloured corrugated cardboard.



It's a bit hard to see the gold flecks through the punchinella....but trust me, it's there!
I also added some pearl strips.






The little geotag on the left of photo is another 2Crafty piece that I've gold embossed.

My pic is of the Lough (Lake), at Glendalough in Ireland.... 
covered in fog & looking rather magical & very mysterious.


So there you have my take on this months awesome challenge!

Do yourself a favour & head on over to the Kraft + blog for a heap of inspiration from the rest of the talented DT & GDT.  You WILL be super inspired!!

Thanks so much for dropping by & we all look forward to seeing YOUR take on 
"All that glitters" 


4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Looove seeing your close ups - they really show off your bling to perfection and the corrugated card is AMAZING! Loooove those circles you've done too.....it's a really, really beautiful page. NEW FAVE!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

So stunning...the colours are a feast for all the senses. I love the bubble texture ypu added and the bronze and gold is gorgeous.

Lizzyc said...

This is superb! A beautiful example for the second challenge.. Love your layout ,

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning!!! Absolutely gorgeous take on the sketch and I love all the gold touches!! Really beautiful page!! ox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails