Friday, May 1, 2015

Kraft + May Challenge

Hello everyone....and welcome to May!

A new month means a new challenge has gone live at Kraft +
And this month it is an amazing KRAFT board....


Interpret the above "KRAFT"board as you wish. 
You may be inspired by the colours, the beads, the twine, the books 



Here is my take on the challenge...I've gone for an OTP item, a canvas, rather than a layout.
OTP items, cards, tags, art journaling etc are all eligible entries at Kraft +.....just make sure that the base of your project is KRAFT!!!


I have created a collage of Kraft for the base of my canvas....all different sized squares & rectangles :)

I was inspired by so much with this gorgeous Kraft board....

"I was inspired by the gorgeous colours and have tried to use them all on my canvas. The twine around the books I have replicated & tied 3 pieces around the canvas & the text on the books I have stamped some text on both the layered collage of kraft & also on the woodgrain PP under the flowers. The texture of the orange vase - I've added some stencilled texture to the background &... also on the tree branch, the flowers in the bouquet are replicated in my flower cluster. I have added a wooden tree branch inspired by the tree in the picture on the shelf. I've added a brown frame to replicate the brown frame on the shelf. The circles on the cushion also inspired me so I've added some 2Crafty chipboard circles....and also the denim, having used a denim flair and all the square & rectangle shapes in the top right image are represented by the collage of rectangle & square kraft pieces plus the stencil work for the background"






Here's a few close ups....


2Crafty chipboard ATC words <3


The circle pieces are from one of my favourite 2Crafty chipboard pieces.....the circular panel that I've cut into smaller pieces & placed either side of the main area of the canvas....inspired by the circles on the cushions on the Kraft board :)











And here's a few pics of the background of the Kraft base before I started embellishing...

I distressed & inked all the edges of the kraft pieces so that they had lots of definition on the canvas....once stuck down I added a bit of textured stencil work.



And then some added squirts of mists & some stamping.


We would love for you to join in on this months challenge!!!
You can find all the details HERE on the Kraft + blog
Please make sure that you read & understand the rules!  They aren't difficult...but are necessary :)

Also make sure you check out the other DT's & guest DT's take on this months challenge,
each one is totally amazing!  


Thanks so much for dropping by :)  xx

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Love your canvas, the back ground looks amazing, very creative.. love the twine bow... fabulous take on the challenge this month!

Lizzy Hill said...

I adore every bit of this.....especially the big string bow! It's such a gorgeous statement & I RECKON this will look nice on your newly updated furniture!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I LOVE your background....I want to try that! Your canvas is gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails